Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
About the Role
Workday is looking for a Data Conversion Consultant who has complete project lifecycle experience in a data conversion role. Experience with packaged HRMS/Financial systems is preferred. This position requires a self-motivated, customer-focused professional with strong follow-through who consistently keeps commitments to customers and fellow employees. You will be the primary customer point of contact for data conversion between the project team and customers.
- Work directly with customers, functional consultants and integration consultants to establish conversion approach, complete migration of configuration and to complete the data conversion / load of customer data into Workday
- Understand technical data conversion issues, expertly resolve issues and communicate solutions
- Become a functional expert in one or more Workday functional areas (e.g., HRMS, Payroll, Financials)
- Assist customers with their data extract, explaining the conversion process, defining data requirements, and working with them to correct data in their legacy systems and prepare for the data conversion cycle
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously and mentor/coach the team on Data Conversion best practices
- Demonstrable experience consulting for enterprise software applications with a focus on the data conversion process
- Experience with the complete software project lifecycle, understanding of the importance of data conversion and the time commitment involved
- Advanced level Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated on the job experience with ETL software
- Passion for data accuracy and completeness
- Familiarity with web services and an appetite for learning more
- Strong technical problem solving skills, with an ability to troubleshoot complex issues
- Exceptional research skills and resourcefulness
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Quick learner, motivated to understand various technologies used at Workday
- Strong planning, scheduling, and organization skills
- Can work in a fast paced, fast-growth, high-energy environment and deal with multiple high priority activities concurrently
- Team player who can collaborate and communicate effectively with all stakeholders; i.e. developers, technical operations, and customers
- Experience with PeopleSoft, SAP, Oracle, Salesforce, Netsuite, Taleo - nice to have
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. More than 1,000 organizations, ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises, have selected Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
Please apply here.
Oracle e-BS IT Technical Developer - Kerry, Ireland
This position serves as part of the IT technical support team for Oracle e-Business Suite (eBS), responsible for designing, developing, implementing and maintaining Oracle e-BS (Oracle General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, Human Resources) to ensure operational efficacy and data integrity as well as provide technical support to end users.
� Support Oracle eBS Add-ons and Customizations for North America and EMEA.
� Design and develop solutions in Oracle eBS to meet complex business requirements.
� Develop PL/SQL database objects, SQL scripts, Interfaces, Reports and forms using standard tools including Toad, Oracle Reports, Oracle Forms, JDeveloper and XML Publisher.
� Develop, implement and support Business Event and Workflow processes Design and develop complex reports utilizing standard tools such as Oracle reports and Applications Express.
� Design, develop and implement new and enhanced interfaces with other internal and external systems.
� Able to produce detailed system requirements specifications, complex data flow diagrams, test plans, swim lane and process diagrams using standardized documentation methods.
� Ensure that proposed solutions comply with the company’s technology direction.
� Act as Subject matter expert for Oracle eBS implementation.
� Ensure compliance with company’s change and security policies.
� Interface with Developers, Analysts and Business Stakeholders to understand and propose technology solutions to meet complex business and technical objectives.
� Provide subject matter expertise on the capabilities/constraints of existing systems and proposed solutions.
� Work closely with development and design teams in the creation and validation of user interfaces and functional/non-functional requirements.
� Provide technical support for Oracle eBS system.
� Late night production support and weekend implementation work will be required.
� University Degree/Preferably in a field related to computer science or software engineering.
� Experience working on large Oracle eBS implementation in a complex business environment. Preferred experience working on complex system integration projects within a heavy technical environment.
� Prior Banking, Financials and IT Compliance project experience .
� Minimum 3 years of experience in Oracle eBS (GL/AP/FA/HR) .
� Should have strong English communication and writing skills.
� Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
� Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving abilities.
� Must be willing to work in an energetic, fast paced and team-oriented development environment.
� Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively is a necessity.
� Provides technical consulting and leadership in identifying and implementing new technologies, which assist the functional business users.
� The successful candidate should be comfortable dealing with both business and financials teams and have strong communication skills.
� Minimum 3+ year experience as an Oracle Database Developer
� Oracle 10g, 11g experience is a must, Oracle R12 is a strong plus
� TOAD experience is a must
� Strong PL/SQL programming skills
� Excellent SQL tuning experience
� Oracle BI Publisher programming skills
� Oracle Developer Suite programming skills
� Oracle AME & Oracle Workflow Builder skills a plus
� Previous experience with FORTENT /AML system development an extra plus.
� Some knowledge of Accounting Principles a plus
� Due to high levels of activity in the financial area today, the person will need to work independently and as part of a team
� Able to work effectively with remote teams using a variety of technology solutions (WebEx, Multi Participant Conference Calls, etc.)
� Highly motivated self-starter with strong critical thinking abilities.
� The person should be able to work with business, IT and external consultants in a timely manner.
� Capable of delivering training to small groups based on implementations
� The person should have the drive to learn new systems and keep up to date with banking solutions and regulations.
If you are happy to be represented and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please send me an email back to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me (T: 01 2449520) indicating if you wish to be represented by Solas Consulting Group.
The successful applicant will work within a talented Development Team to analyse, design, prototype, implement, test Mozobi’s Payment Platform. Based in Dublin City Centre, the successful applicants will gain world-class experience of a wide variety of leading-edge technologies along with exposure to all aspects of the development lifecycle.
Do you want to work for a start-up led by a passionate and experienced team with a proven track record in the fast growing and exciting Fin-tech industry? If so, then this role could be for you!
You responsibilities will include:
- Active participation within a talented team of experienced Developers, with a strong reputation for leadership in R&D innovation.
- Design, code, implement, and test new features and modules for Mozobi payments platform.
- Partner and work with Business stakeholders to translate and understand product specifications.
- Comfortable with estimation, scheduling, milestone tracking, verification, risk management, and project status reporting as it relates to product development
- Provide guidance and support for applications.
What qualities you will bring:
- 2 - 4+ years proven background as a Software Engineer
- Knowledge and experience with Windows and Linux operating system
- Experience testing Restful Web Services and Web Applications (Spring MVC, Tomcat, JDBC Template, JSON)
- Good SQL knowledge
- Strong web development experience
- 25 Holidays a year.
- Salary 60 - 80 K pending experience
Please apply here.
Our Client maintain and develop a core Oracle 12c DataMart from which various solutions are supported i.e. Oracle Eloqua Campaign platform and the Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise tool . The solution is Cloud based (hybrid IaaS and SaaS) and is the central hub for all business reporting and campaign production. The DBA will ensure the solution is fit for purpose and developed according to a defined governance process. In addition, the DBA will provide support and subject matter expertise to colleagues and external partners to ensure the solution is working to its maximum efficiency.
- Establishing the needs of users and monitoring user access and security
- Monitoring system performance and managing parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users
- Refining the physical design to meet system storage requirements
- Installing and testing new versions of the various solution tools
- Maintaining data standards, consistency across data feeds
- Writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata)
- Controlling access permissions and privileges
- Developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery plans
- Ensuring that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
- Main contact for dealing (day to day and formal projects) with IT colleagues
- Commissioning and installing new applications and customising existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose
- Manage activities of third parties such as IaaS providers or Infrastructure services
- Migration of code between environments when new releases are made
- Management of release schedule and minor and major changes
- Point of escalation for all database related queries, failure management and system error investigation.
- Ensure data feeds are up to date and accurate from internal & external sources.
- Liaison with Version 1 for smooth installation of future DM2.0 project phases.
- Documentation of any changes to DB Schema/own data dictionary.
- Training colleagues in how to input and extract data
Key Skills / Experience
- Experience of working with database technologies (DBMS, SQL) and operating systems.
- Communication, teamwork and negotiation skills;
- Problem-solving and good analytical skills
- Familiarity with the main data manipulation languages and the principles of database design including Cloud computing
- Business awareness and understanding of business requirements of IT
- Willingness to keep up to date with developments in new technology
- Essential – experience of administrating an Oracle database (12c version would be preferable)
- Desirable - Oracle Database Certification
- Desirable – experience with Oracle OBIEE toolset
- ETL packages and processes
- Up-to-date knowledge of technology and the Data Protection Act
Please apply here.
Google officially became a hardware company on Tuesday. Not only did the company announce new Pixel phones (RIP Nexus), but the company also provided pricing and release dates for Google Home, its Amazon Echo killer, unveiled its mobile VR headset called Daydream View, Google Wi-Fi network extenders and Chromecast Ultra. See? A lot of hardware.
Obviously we talked the new Google gadgets and whether or not they pose a threat to the iPhone.
Damon scored us an exclusive look at Giphy Cam 2.5 (the company says it with a hard G, which is wrong, but whatever!). The ultimate time-wasting camera app got updated with new augmented reality "stickers" that you can overlay on top of your face and other objects. They're kind of like Snapchat lenses.
TL;DR: The app is awesome and so is augmented reality!
Apple CEO Tim Cook agrees and thinks AR is the future, not VR. But don't tell Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg that.
Zuckerberg believes VR is the "next computing platform" and with Oculus VR, he intends to make it so.
He keynoted a good chunk of Oculus Connect 3, where Oculus finally announced how much the Rift's Touch controllers will cost and unveiled the $50 Oculus Earphones that apparently sound as good as $900 earphones. Oculus is also working on a standalone VR headset that will occupy the middle space between mobile VR headsets like the Gear VR and PC-based VR headsets like the Rift.
Is the future just better phones? AR? VR? The only way to find out is by listening to this week's MashTalk.
I feel like an anomaly among my fellow New York millennials in that I actually enjoy cooking my own meals. For many people, it's always, "I never have time," which usually means a leftover salad that's now wilted, lunch from the place downstairs or a Seamless delivery.
I take pride in the fact that I can feed myself healthy meals, and it's actually helped in my dating life, too.
And just like that, robots are out to ruin another thing for me.
U.K.-based Moley Robotics today opened a Seedrs crowdfunding campaign seeking about $1.2 million for its robot kitchen, an artificial intelligence-powered device that apparently learns recipes. It has a pair of eery hands and even cleans up! Moley has raised about 41 percent of its goal at the time of this story’s publication.
"Imagine someone like Gordon Ramsay or Jamie Oliver cooking for you in your kitchen. Imagine dishes from Top Michelin Restaurants cooked in front of you to the highest standard, not in your kitchen, but by your kitchen," a Moley press release teases. "Thanks to artificial intelligence, it can mimic the actions of a master chef precisely, bringing a variety of delicious dishes, cooked to the highest of standards in a domestic kitchen."
Get your cold, robot fingers off my spatula!
We all know that robots don't have emotions, and that the most important ingredient in any meal is love. (At least that's what my mother would have me believe. I'm pretty sure her main ingredient is salt.)
But wait, maybe technology isn't so bad after all. Maybe Moley (the company hopes to release a production prototype model in 2018) will be just another tool to give us humans more time to focus on other things, such as building businesses or developing more robots to free us from other tasks we no longer want or need to do.
"Imagine you are buying a flat and the option is to have a regular kitchen or a robotic kitchen -- it is clear which option you would choose," Moley founder Mark Oleynik said in the release. "The success of our prototype makes us very excited. The future is very near."
Wait, this thing does dishes? Sold!
Time: Times Vary
Location: Various Locations
29 September - 16 October 2016
Venue: Various Locations
First staged in 1957, Dublin Theatre Festival is Europe's longest established specialist theatre festival. It is an annual event which brings world class theatre to Dublin and provides a platform to showcase the best of Irish theatre to the world.
Throughout the festival, performances take place in venues and locations across the city. The programme incorporates theatre, music, dance and family events as well as talks, public discussions, works in progress showcases and artist development programmes. The festival presents classic drama by world renowned companies and artists alongside work by exciting, emerging theatre-makers from home and abroad.
Part of the Dublin Festival Season, over the years the festival has premiered work by Ireland's theatre greats and has featured performances from actors including Vanessa Redgrave and Fiona Shaw.
Time: Times Vary
Location: Various Dublin Locations
10 - 15 October 2016
Venue: Various Venues
Festival-goers can expect special drinks discounts, competitions and of course, the exciting, vibrant and friendly atmosphere which Dublin city’s top drinks venues have become famous for.
The Irish Cocktail Fest is a fantastic way for the public to sample and experience some of the finest craft-cocktail bars which are eager and delighted to celebrate the excellent products that our local distilleries are producing.
• Free Admission
Time: Times Vary
Venue: The Ring Hall
Prepare yourself for a pulse-racing, thrill-chasing night of shocks and surprises at The Nightmare Realm...things are about to get spooky.
Originally established in Kerry, The Nightmare Realm is in its 10th year, and with a cult following in Cork, it's about time The Nightmare Realm expanded to Dublin to scare its inhabitants to the core.
They are to reveal a Halloween scare house in the capital, where you can walk through spine-chilling scenes and meet grotesque, nightmarish characters.
The Nightmare Realm pushes your fears to the limit, often exploring controversial themes in the most twisted and blood-curdling ways. That said, there's no better way to celebrate the spookiest time of the year than with some good, old-fashioned gore.
The Nightmare Realm is not for the faint of heart, so leave the kids at home for this one because it is going to be quite the fright night. Salem will look like a picnic in comparison.
Republic of Ireland
+353 1 5390003
Why work with us?
We are excited to grow our mobile application product offering and to do this we need talented Android developers to join our team based in the heart of Belfast or Dublin . As a member of the team you will be focused on building, and extending, native apps that bring the power of the goconqr.com platform to Android devices around the globe.
As part of a small team of dedicated software engineers, working in an agile environment, you will spend your day solving tough technical problems to help develop an awesome product that actually makes a difference.
Your voice will be heard and your opinions listened to. This is your chance to make your mark on Android apps that are used daily by thousands of users. With a fast turnaround, your ideas will soon be part of our product releases.
What we expect from you:
- 2- 3 Years’ experience Android Development. We’d love to see examples of apps you have published on the Play Store.
- Strong OOP & Java skills, with an appreciation for pragmatism, simplicity in code and best practices for Android.
- Expert knowledge of the Android SDK and popular Third Party libraries, such as Facebook SDK, Google Play Services and Butterknife.
- A good eye (or two) for good design and stunning user experiences.
- Knowledge of how a RESTful system works.
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Maths or related topic.
- A desire to work with a team to create the best eLearning platform in the market.
- Knowledge of unit testing in Android and architecting testable code.
- Knowledge on one or more server side scripting languages such as Ruby, Python or PHP.
- A desire to learn Ruby on Rails.
Package will include:
- The chance to learn from senior developers, grow your skill set and to take on responsibility as soon as you are ready.
- Flexible work environment, with work from home options
- Autonomy days every month, when you are encouraged to bring and develop your own ideas for the product
- A professional but relaxed working environment
For us the most important thing is to add great people to the team - with the same desire to change the world for the better through eLearning.
If that sounds like you, then please forward your CV and cover letter to us and, of course, don’t forget to try out our apps for yourself to see what you could be working on!
This role requires candidates to be legally authorised to work in the EU and to work full time from either the Dublin or Belfast office.
Please apply here.