Location: BALLINCOLLIG, CO. CORK
Think you are up to the challenge of VCE? Globally we are experiencing growth that has exceeded all expectations. Not surprising when you consider that we are the people driving the future of Cloud Computing. It’s an industry with over $400 billion at stake and no one is in a better position for success than VCE. It’s time to take your career to the next level and join a collaboration of bold thinkers who are developing the world’s most advanced converged infrastructure. It’s time to take your career to the Cloud.
Our company was formed by Cisco, EMC and VMware with investments from Intel. It’s a combination that has led to explosive growth with our best still yet to come.
As a strongly funded joint venture, we’re experiencing significant growth in every division, in particular, Product Management, Platform Engineering, Solutions Engineering and Software Development.
Do you have a passion to work in cutting edge cloud technologies? Do you have a desire to influence evolving cloud initiatives? VCE is looking for an exceptional and highly motivated team player to build, execute and deliver software stack for Vblock.
As a member of the VCE Cloud Service, Management and Orchestration Development Teams, you will be play a critical role by integrating parent and key technology partner software solutions with VCE’s Vblock platform, as well as by helping design and develop new and innovative software offerings in the Cloud Service and Management Automation space.
Your responsibilities will include design, development, unit testing, and performance tuning of enterprise-class integrations and new applications. You will be in a position to utilize your technical background and strong communication skills as you interact with both VCE colleagues and customers throughout the entire software development lifecycle.
- Executes software development plans to insure high quality of Vblock foundation platform.
- Participate in the design of general integration strategies and propose/develop specific point integrations within the general framework.
- Ensure all designs are version-proof as integrated products follow their own roadmaps/life cycles.
- Develops Use Cases and other analysis / design artifacts that ensure requirements and score are clearly defined.
- Works under limited direction. Determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is evaluated upon completion to ensure objectives have been met.
- Ability to professionally manage multiple priorities with minimal supervision and on schedule.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Must have strong documentation skills and the ability to understand software functional specifications.